Every Mother Counts is a non-profit dedicated to making pregnancy and childbirth safe, equitable and respectful for every mother, everywhere.
From November 2021 through February 2022 Matek is donating 5% of our online sales to this amazing organization.
Every Mother Counts envisions a world where all women have the opportunity to enter motherhood and not only survive, but thrive. They work to achieve quality, respectful, and equitable maternity care for all. By partnering with community-based organizations and providing grants, they increase awareness and mobilize communities to take action.
1. Approximately 303,000 women die each year due to complications in pregnancy and childbirth. That’s one woman more than every 2 minutes. The majority are preventable.
2. For every woman who dies each year in childbirth, 20-30 more suffer from lifelong debilitating complications.
3. Pregnancy is a leading cause of death for girls aged 15-19 in the developing world.
4. The United States ranks 55th in maternal mortality, even though it spends more on health care per capita than any other nation in the world. The US is the only resourced country with a consistently rising maternal mortality rate.
5. In the US Black women are four times more likely to die from pregnancy and childbirth than white women.